Just for information, Not to be sold onlineonly through official registered drugstores
20 mg – 40 mg
Esomeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It works by decreasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Esomeprazole is used to treat the following conditions:
- Adults and adolescents aged 12 years and above
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). This is where acid from the stomach escapes into the gullet causing pain, inflammation and heartburn
- Ulcers in the stomach or upper part of the gut (intestine) that are infected with bacteria called ‘Helicobacter pylori’.
- Stomach ulcers caused by medicines called NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs).
- Too much acid in the stomach caused by a growth in the pancreas (Zollinger-Ellison syndrome).
- Prolonged treatment after prevention of rebleeding of ulcers with intravenous esomeprazole.